Jira Quick Start Guide by Ravi Sagar
pdf | 6.53 MB | English | Ravi Sagar | 2019 | Packt Publishing; 1 edition | Page: 156
About Jira Quick Start Guide by Ravi Sagar :
Discover JIRA's powerful task management and workflow features to better manage your business processes
- Understand the major applications of JIRA, including JIRA Software, JIRA Core, and JIRA Service Desk
- Configure project workflo and the fields that will be used in the project with the help of JIRA features
- Create tickets for issues and manage your projects using the JIRA software
JIRA is an issue tracker and project management system that can help software development teams to improve code quality and the speed of development. With its latest release, JIRA has expanded its user base to agile teams as well as business teams. This book will help you get to grips with all the major components of JIRA, including JIRA Software, JIRA Core, and JIRA Service Desk.
Starting with an introduction to JIRA's unique features, you'll understand how it can be used as an issue tracking tool. You'll learn how administrators and managers create new projects on the JIRA console and use relevant schemes in your project. The book will take you through configuring JIRA workflo and fields for project screens. As you advance, you'll understand the different permissions used in projects, the importance of project roles in JIRA, and how project administrators can add or remove users in different roles. This JIRA book also covers versions and components, and how they can be used when handling issues or creating tickets. Finally, you'll focus on analysing data using built-in reports and creating dashboards in JIRA, and implement best practices for better maintenance of your JIRA instance.
By the end of the book, you'll be well-versed with all the core features of JIRA and be ready to implement them in your projects.
What you will learn
- Implement JIRA as a project administrator or project manager
- Explore a variety of JIRA functionalities
- Configure projects and boards in your organisation's JIRA instance
- Understand how and when to use components and versions in your projects
- Manage project configurations and JIRA schemes
- Apply best practices for managing your JIRA instance
Who this book is for
If you're a project manager or any JIRA user, including developers even outside the software development industry, this book will guide you in using JIRA for project management.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Jira
- Getting Started with Jira Core and Basic Usage
- Using Jira Software for Development Teams
- Using Jira Service Desk for Help Desks
- Jira Schemes and Configuring Project Workflow
- Configuring Project Screens and Permissions
- Reports and Dashboards
- Best Practices