What's New in 3DCS - 18.104.22.168 March:
- X-Plane Routine (dcuMvMinDistFit.DLL)
This routine is similar to the Six-Plane move except that it can have more than six pairs of locators defined. Like the Six-Plane move, each pair of locators needs a direction defined. Then, each object feature is best-fit to each target plane. Each target plane is defined by the target feature and the direction. If 4-way hole-pin pairs are locators, they need to be selected twice with two normal directions, just as in the SixPlane move.
- Automatic Feature Point Projection routine
Automatic Feature Point Creation routine purpose is to replace the manual creation of feature points needed in a 3DCS model. A very large number of points can be automatically created in a very short time, thus speeding up the model creation process. In general points creation can take some time, depending on how many assembly operations or measurements are needed in the model.
· Enhanced 3DCS when creating a model report using Power Point. (62674)
· Fixed slide numbering in Power Point report. (62563)
· Fixed Power Point report to only use one Slide Master. (62565)
· Fixed an issue creating duplicate DCS size entities when deleting a Cadsurf hole or pin created by a Point Group. (62627)
· The DCSDB2 file now respects the comma delimiter (Locale) format and using Multi-Core setting. (63514)
· Corrected the Feature Move, when using stepped Planar or Axis features, to use an Average calculation. (62768)
· Enhanced the Feature Move, when using multiple co-planar planes or co-linear axis, to use a Least Squares calculation. (61540)
· Move Parts will not appear in LSQ Axis Move Dialog. (62619)
· Fixed a bug that prevented nested Iteration moves from working correctly. (62747)
· Updated weighting in X plane move. (62604)
· Changed the threshold for Hole/Pin float values for DLL move routines to match other moves and prevent inconsistent Validation messages. (62580)
· Fixed an issue with Locale and running 2-4 threads with an Equation Measure, causing 3DCS to switch to period delimiter. (62725)
· An enhancement was made to the project point to feature DLL (dcsMvProjectPtOnPlaneLineCylinder) so when projecting a point onto a cylindrical feature as opposed to always projecting normal to surface you can now define a vector direction for the projection path.
· Added Validation warning message with Rigid Body moves (Step Plane, Six Plane, etc.), if the moves are using the same features in multiple Object/Target fields (61189).
- DCS Community
We now have a new Community site available for users to register. The Community is a forum full of general information about 3DCS and QDM. Users will be able to ask general questions about 3DCS and QDM, download example models, review past webinars and more.
- Example Models and Tutorials
Individual example models are now available. C:\Users\Public\Documents\DCS\3DCS___7_5_0_1\3DCS CAD & Example Models\Reference Models
· We have made multiple changes to the Tutorial pages and moved them to the
bottom of the Table of Contents: Variation Analyst Tutorial, Feature-Based Tutorial, Advanced Analyzer and Optimizer Tutorial (AAO), Mechanical Tutorial, Compliant Modeller Tutoria
About 3DCS Variation Analyst CAA V5 Based Software. 3DCS CAA V5 Based is the state-of-the-art dimensional tolerance analysis tool for simulating design and manufacturing / assembly processes. As a Dassault Systemes Premier Gold Partner, 3DCS is fully integrated into CATIA V5 leveraging the digital prototyping and visualization capabilities of V5. Tolerance analysis modeling has never been more accurate, effecient to perform and easy to use. Design & tolerance changes are immediately reflected in the 3DCS tolerance model. The result is faster development of higher quality products at a lower cost.
- The full spectrum of 3DCS technological capabilities directly within the CATIA V5
- Flexibility and accuracy for comprehensive variation simulation modeling with both Point and Feature Based modeling capabilities
- Work directly with native CATIA V5 CAD geometry
- Incorporate embedded FTA from V5 or utilize DCS tolerances
- DCS Modeling information stored directly in V5
About Dimensional Control Systems Inc. (DCS). Dimensional Control Systems, Inc. (DCS), based in Troy, Michigan, is a quality software solutions provider focused on engineered quality. Offering best-in-class variation analysis software, quality management systems, and consulting services, DCS strives to be a global leader in manufacturing quality assurance.
Product: 3DCS Variation Analyst
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: The same OS for the version of software that you are using.
Software Prerequisites: DS CATIA V5 R20-R28
Size: 416.9 mb
Don't forget to say Thanks !!!